Saturday, January 31, 2009

THRIFT SCORE Thursday

Isn't this a beautiful, traditional-tattoo inspired piece of stained glass?!  Really, my photo doesn't do it justice- it's absolutely incredible.  Our pal  Daniel  made a matching set of these lovelies for our front windows.  He ROCKS.  And now our windows do, too!  Thanks, Dan!  XOXO

I am very much behind in posting what we've been up to all week.  Prepare for a barrage of new posts as I catch up over the weekend...  Yes, indeedy!

Thursday I decided to throw caution to the wind, ditch the morning house chores schedule, and go thrifting while Keely was in preschool.  This is something I haven't done in ages and it was the best day EVER!  Get a load of all this yummy, thrifty-goodness that I scored...  What a HAUL!


An adorable, teensy watch-pin upcycled with a decorative spoon handle.  It has a loop on the back so it can be worn as a pendant, but my plan is to add it to my clock collection wall.  

***






A yummy purse in a lovely heather grey that features some of my favorite obsessions lately: felting and embroidery! (Seriously, it's like it was created just for ME.)

***

This gorgeous lime martini glass.  (I am passionate about most shades of the color green...)


***

Adorable red plastic trays for Keely's lunches.  See how well they match her crab cup?  Awww!  (Think "bento"- we're jumping onto the Muffin Tin Monday Bandwagon... Whee!)


***

And finally, as I was sauntering proudly toward the register with all of my new treasures, this cute, vintage cold cream jar caught my eye.  (It still has that delicious cold-creamy smell inside... Mmmmmm!)
 

I also scored some cute clothes for Keely & Sidney ("Baby-to-Be"), some window markers, some old frames to repurpose, and some sumptuous, old, hard-cover books whose covers I'll be repurposing into a sketchpad for Keely and a notebook for me, using my Bind-It-All.  (More to come on that at a later date!)

What an Awesome. Thursday. Morning.

10 comments:

  1. I love the stained glass! Wow! And the watch is too cute! Where do you go to find this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh, that stained glass is beautiful! We have two sidelight windows on our front door ... I'd love to have stained glass for them, but if I add one more thing to my THINGS I WANT list, my husband will add one more thing to his THINGS I HAVE NO TIME FOR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice stained glass. Extra special because it was made for you! How cool is that?

    I love the cold cream jar too. We have some old jars like that. They belonged to my grandmother and they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog - you are doing a great job! I am also crazy about that color of green. It is the accent color in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection from your thrifting adventures, always fun when another blogger takes us on tour with them to see what we can find.

    Followed your link and ever so glad we got to visit your blog full of all kinds of interesting things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh oooh, a "thrifting" blog...a girl after my own heart! I have yet to blog about my latest finds but I have SCORED! Its so much fun!

    You have inspired me to do that as my next post. Thanks! :)

    Putabuttononit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...I found you on 2peas! Love your thrifty buys. I'm sure your stained glass windows are beautiful!

    Denise
    http://confessionsofathriftyshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love junking, also. All of my problems seem to disappear while on a good junking trip.

    Saw this on 2peas!

    Cheercoach - http://www.vbradberry@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. um, those trays for keely's lunch's are so cute!!! I want some for my kids!

    ReplyDelete